Talking about the Sofobomo Photography Book project on Monday

I agreed to talk on Monday, June 20, at the Lancaster Independent Photographers' Group about creating a Sofobomo book in 2011. This was a fun project to do last year. I plan to do it again this year.

Today the first thing that I am doing is refreshing my memory on the process of making the pdf book and what it is that I can say about it that will take more than a few minutes. Not that it's that simple. It's easy but not that easy. But not everyone has the same software for creating a book.

I don't think many (or any?) in the group have the software that I have. Not that they'd have to have that but I can only talk about the software I used. I can only guess at the process of using other software. I used InDesign. I have Pages but I didn't use Pages and I'd have to figure out how to use it to make a book in order to talk about it. So can't do that Monday.

A more fun thing to talk about in regard to the Sofobomo project is what subject to choose for the book. Today I need to give some thought to possibilities for my own Sofobomo book for 2012. I've been very busy with other projects and without that phone call from Ken John asking me to do this for the LIPG meeting Monday, I might have forgotten about getting ready to do something for Sofobomo. An important part of the process is choosing the topic. I am hoping my giving this little talk on Monday will get me up to speed.

I have from today through tomorrow morning to come up with some ideas. Hmmmmm. Going to go and put on my super duper heavy duty thinking cap!

Here is the Sofobomo FAQs page.

And here is my Sofobomo Book from 2010: Cardonnacum, A Place of Thistles.


Logo 237 x 85

Ginny

Comments

Popular Posts