My project: Cardonnacum: A Place of Thistles


I hadn't been getting much photography done for some time except for photography done for the Lancaster County Art Association. Other things such as working at the antiques business have been taking a higher priority. But I have missed creating photographs that have no practical purpose other than portraying the world in my own way. Thus, my goal this spring was to create an online book as part of the Sofobomo project for 2010. The idea is to create an online book including shooting all the photographs and designing the book in pdf format from start to finish with at least 35 photographs in 31 consecutive days chosen any time between the dates of June 1 and July 31, 2010.

My chosen theme was the common thistle, the type with the large pink flowers and the formidable thorny stalk and leaves. I have admired the flowers for a long time and kept intending to stop and take pictures of the "perfect thistle". This year I finally stopped and took some photos of a "perfect thistle" and then subsequently chose thistles to be the subject of my online book.

What a great feeling it was to get my book finished! I shouldn't say much more here as I'll start talking about how it isn't perfect and all that sort of rubbish I have a tendency to do. Of course it is not perfect! But for me it was perfectly wonderful to get it done! It was fun and satisfying and I learned a lot from doing it.

You may download my thistle book at Cardonnacum: A Place of Thistles which is on Sofobomo.org.

Ginny

Popular Posts